Users can now more easily collaborate with global sales teams with real-time multilingual translation within the Salesforce platform
WAKEFIELD, Mass., 22nd June, 2016 – SDL (LSE: SDL) today announced it has launched Global Team, a new app on the Salesforce AppExchange that empowers businesses to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways across more than 100 languages.
Built on the Salesforce App Cloud, SDL Global Team is currently available on the AppExchange.
Every day, a huge volume of valuable content can pass through a company’s Salesforce instance in any number of different languages. The SDL Global Team app allows global teams to easily translate that data, making global collaboration and translation available on-demand in real time from within Salesforce. The app provides instant translation of any foreign-language content simply by highlighting and hovering over the text. There is no need to cut and paste and no need to leave the Salesforce platform.
Powered by SDL Language Cloud, Global Team unlocks global account knowledge for a single view of opportunities and customer accounts. The app also allows fast collaboration between colleagues with on-demand translation in more than 100 languages and enables service agents to triage cases raised in different languages and route them appropriately.
Global Team provides benefits to sales, marketing and support teams through:
- A complete view of accounts in the local language: Sales teams are better empowered to win deals with a comprehensive, global view of accounts and access to information on prospects in their local language and on any device.
- Shared customer support information at the ready: Support teams are able to more easily share, understand and respond to customer support inquiries with multilingual content. This allows for 24/7 customer support across the globe.
- Global campaign execution: Marketing teams are equipped to share notes, prospect information and insights for global marketing campaigns in their language of choice to successfully execute on global marketing initiatives.
Comments on the News
- “Every day, a huge volume of valuable content gets created in Salesforce in multiple languages that is not always shared across teams. We are committed to creating innovative tools that ensure users can collaborate and translate in real time from within their preferred business applications,” said Adolfo Hernandez, CEO, SDL. “We are delighted to launch SDL Global Team on the Salesforce AppExchange to empower global teams to break down language siloes.”
- “Salesforce enables businesses to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees across the globe, but language barriers can slow down the optimization of global content and customer information,” said Miguel Milano, President of EMEA, Salesforce. “The SDL Global Team app provides businesses with an exciting new way to collaborate and share information in real-time and in their local languages without ever having to leave Salesforce.”
About Salesforce AppExchange
Salesforce AppExchange is the world’s leading enterprise apps marketplace that empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage in entirely new ways. With 3,000 partner apps and more than 3.5 million customer installs, it is the most comprehensive source of cloud, mobile, social, IoT and data science technologies for businesses.