This is one of my first posts on dotCMS 1.5, so "long-time" dotCMS users feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong here. Earlier this month, dotCMS 1.5 was released. dotCMS is an open source Java based CMS geared toward toward the enterprise with Web customer resource resource management (CRM) and eCommerce, and business intelligence.
New features included in dotCMS 1.5:
- Content "Triggers" using JBoss Rules to allow rule based user segmentation by usage.
- Business Intelligence Reports - Integrated with Jasper Reports and iReports allow detailed and customized reporting on site usage, transactions and content activity.
- Improvements to User Search Segmentation, Permissions and Management.
- Revamped Campaign/Communication Manager.
- Web based communications can delivered to a segment of site visitors as a campaign.
- Updated User Interface.
- Taxonomy (Tagging) Improvements
- Quartz based job scheduler.