The level of interest in content management systems astounds me. Each year, I continue to see at CMS Report an increase of visitors looking for information on content management. Our stories tend to focus on open source CMS more than proprietary applications and evidently that's the subject matter that our readers want to read.
Below are the top ten stories of 2009 that were posted here at CMSReport.com. As you can see, stories involving Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!, Alfresco, and Nuxeo took center stage. These stories might not have been the ten I would have personally picked for this list, but I'll respect the numbers behind their ranking.
- Mollom: A solution for comment spam
- 2009 Best Open Source PHP CMS: Drupal wins, Wordpress and Joomla! not far behind
- Serving a home for my Drupal site
- WordPress leads the Packt as 2009 Overall Best Open Source CMS
- Allen Ellis: Why the Packt CMS Competition is Broken, and How to Fix It
- Google PageRank
- Alfresco Module Obtains U.S. DoD 5015.02 Records Management Certification
- Using Wordpress city saves $19,000
- Cheryl McKinnon, Nuxeo, and Open Source
- Drupal Gardens preview video by Acquia
The interest in Nuxeo took me by surprise and I'll be adding the CMS to my top 30 CMS Focus page as time allows. As always, our thanks to all those who continue to return to this site to read the stories, join in on the conversation, and even submit articles. As I've said before, I'm not sure we would be doing this if it wasn't for the interest shown by others visiting the site.